Cape Town

Monday, March 07, 2016


                                                   "You Can Take Your Cape Off
                                           You Don't Need That To Save My Heart...
                                                    Damn She Bad, Damn She Bad
                              Heels With The Matching Bag" - Wonder Woman by Tyga

No no Tyga, I prefer my cape on, thank you ;-) That's exactly how I felt the minute I put this classy caped number on: Wonder-Woman-Status! It's no surprise that capes have been a notable trend seen on many celebs within the last year. Fun Fact: The classy cape trend actually dates as far back as the Renaissance era! Now I'm not going that far back in history visually, but the cape has and always will be tied to the elite monarchs (Cough cough, yours truly, lol) and royals. When wearing a caped dress you instantly feel the essence of a Queen absorbed into your skin. Alright, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but I can't help how I really feel! This class act of a number has been worn by a very famous princess and has come back in a major way throughout entertainment history. From Princess Leia, Gwyneth Paltrow, Solange Knowles, and now to Katy Perry. You don't have to be a royal monarch from the 17th century, a princess from the 70's, or Grammy award winning singer to own a lavish piece of nobility...you can ball on a budget like I did, and head over to Nasty Gal for a fraction of the price....$78....YOU'RE WELCOME!!! The Dust Till Dawn Dress by Rare London can be worn exactly as it is titled. The color alone can be worn in the daytime with a duster and open toed sandals, and easily worn into the evening with pumps and glitzy bling bling accessories!!  I kept the focus on this phenomenal dress by keeping my color-scheme monochrome and accessories minimal. And voila! Outfit game on point, and got me feelin' like: We can't all be queens, someone has to clap when I walk by ;-)









OUTFIT DETAILS
Rare London Dust Till Dawn Cape Midi Dress: Nasty Gal
Off White Pumps: Gianvito Rossi
Earrings & Ring: Nordstrom Rack

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.