Natural Selection

Monday, December 21, 2015


"You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman" -Aretha Franklin

I love dressing for 2 people in this world: myself and my man. They say you gotta learn to love yourself before allowing another to be given the same love right? Well, prior to the natural selection of my relationship, I tried all kinds of trends, but always took them to the 10th degree of wacky, over the top, edgy, classic, sexy, you name it. My style has since toned down. Now don't get me wrong, I'm still very much so up to date with the trends - in conjunction to beating to my own drum - however, I don't feel the need to dress for anyone's attention, but myself and my partner. Natural tones always look elevated, plain and simple. The overall head to toe neutral color palette exudes a sexy look, while is the basis of any simple yet elegant wardrobe. Getting a higher-end look is as easy as sticking to the same colors and simplified cuts (no designer labels required)! My look is a mixture of neutrals: Beige, Winter White, and Gray. Obsessed with Wolford's pieces! If you have never purchased from them, I suggest you at least go inside the store and try one item on to feel the difference. My Portland Pullover and Fatal dress (I styled as a maxi skirt here) fit like a dream. I also kept my accessories to a minimal to match my attire. I made sure my favorite strappy winter white Manolo Blahnik Chaos heels tied in with my winter white turtleneck, check and check! To add a buttery gray hue to the mix while also sticking to a reptilian theme, I recycled my snakeskin BCBG clutch and matched it up to my snake ring. I'm happy I have finally found a "natural" happy median when it comes to my style, and relationship lol, cause "Before The Day I Met You, Life Was So Unkind, But You're The Key To My Peace Of Mind" ;-)








Nicole Scherzinger | Jennifer Lopez | Selena Gomez

OUTFIT DETAILS 
White Turtleneck: Wolford Portland
Beige Skirt: Wolford Fatal
Clutch: BCBG
Strappy Heels: Manolo Blahnik Chaos
Snake Ring: H&M 
Diamond Stud Earrings: Tiffany's

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.