Crop It Out

Monday, December 14, 2015


"Time to photoshop my life, touch up the edges, adjust the tones, blur out the background, focus on me and crop people out."-Whiz Khalifa

 I grew up in the 90's, so naturally I gravitate towards the trends that utilize that era in time, and that includes the comeback of the crop top. I'm not gonna lie to kick it, cause really, I was super excited to see crop tops continuing to make their on the Fall/Winter 2015-2016 runways, and staying for a bit longer during the winter season!! I'm really loving this particular loose crop top from Topshop as it's very versatile. Normally I wear skintight crop tops, which can be limiting in what you can pair it with, but a loose fitting one like the one I'm wearing can be styled casually or dressed up from jeans or leggings, to high-waisted skirt (like I did for this shoot) or slouchy trouser pants. Both my crop top and skirt are not only stylish, but made of cotton, and extremely comfy to strut in. I kept my accessories minimal and all gold. Engrave-able bar necklaces have been really popular this last year, and as much as I wanted one, I don't have a child to engrave it's name on or a certain date I'd like to wear either. I'm a winter baby, so when I found this my Rebecca Minkoff zodiac bar necklace in my sign, Capricorn, it was love at first sight, and something a little different than what everyone is doing ;-) I recycled my Michael Kors watch and favorite Christian Louboutin Kathena leopard clutch to add some texture to the solids of my ensemble. My strappy heels, by C Label, are a whole other story though, so allow me to explain... They are almost, if not identical to Gianvito Rossi's nappa strappy sandals. I was floored at the incredible find and price difference ($40 vs. $995, yes I agree that's just cray, I know!), so mama got a brand new bag, err, heels, lol (bad James Brown reference, my bad lol). When it comes to cropping farmland, a photograph, or people out of your life this coming New Year, just make sure you're doing so with finesse and a crop top on ;-)
 




C Label vs. Gianvito Rossi
Lama Jouni Ready-to-Wear Fall-winter 2015-2016
Fall-Winter 2015-2016 Ready-to-Wear: Desigual | Patricia Bonaldi Collection | Yulia Prokhorova

OUTFIT DETAILS 
Gray Crop Top: Topshop
Green Skirt: Dorothy Perkins
Strappy Heels: C Label
Watch: Michael Kors
Zodiac Bar Necklace: Rebecca Minkoff 
Diamond Stud Earrings: Tiffany's

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.