White Out

Friday, August 14, 2015


"Oh yes it's ladies night and the feeling's right" -Kool & The Gang

Cause when you strut into a room wearing this outfit, naturally, the anthem playing in the background is just that. Lol!!! I mean, Ladies Night...Day.... Really, Everyday should be a Ladies Holiday, am I right or am I right?! I'm definitely still a traditional lady who craves some good ol' fashioned chivalry, but I'm all about ladies sharing an equal light to men in the workplace, and while we're at it, their clothing too ;-) For this menswear inspired shoot, I opted for a sleek all Off-White ensemble, adding a touch of lady-like gold accessories to seal the deal. There's something very seductive about women feminizing a male-influenced ensemble, whether it's wearing an over-sized button up shirt, a silk necktie, or in this case: The Suit, and I'm pretty sure most men would agree with that statement as well ;-) Many designers showcased the glorified pant-suit on this years Spring/Summer runway, and not to mention throughout the years on beautiful celebrity women such as Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lopez, and Rihanna to name a few, and each and every one of those lovely ladies killed it!!! I felt I had to re-create this androgynous business-sexy look by exuding my fierce yet chic inner "Sophisticated Mama" ;-) 








S/S 2015: Amanda Wakely, Temperley, Mugler, Ralph Lauren
 OUTFIT DETAILS 
 Blazer: BCBG Aubree
Vest: Alice & Olivia
Pants: Jones New York
Heels: BCBG Generation
Necklace & Bracelet: H&M
Watch: Michael Kors

Photography by: Eddie Hernandez

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.