Well Red

Friday, August 28, 2015


I have, and always will, be a fan of the color black. Black, for me, is a power color; it not only embodies a demure strength with that of an edgy polish, but also commands the room...whether it be in the office, or on the runway. Another reason I'm a huge fan of the color, is because it looks flawless on all skin-tones, and is not merely a trend, it is a staple for all seasons. With Fall right around the corner, I'm excited to style my go-to color with the incorporation of bold Autumn hues. In this case, since we are still amid the summer season (though in San Francisco, the temperature's most definitely on the Fall side!), I decided to rock my all black look with a fun, summertime, pop-of-color: Candy Apple Red.




Red is most definitely another power color, as it's the single most dynamic passionate color. Like Black, it also commands attention, however with it's bright demeanor (think bold red lips worn by the most beautiful influential women of the past), and symbolism of sex and love (think TLC's Red Light Special). Red is also a lovely transitional Fall color when paired with shades of burgundy, army green, and tan. In this post, I decided to showcase my love of leather through my midi skirt and lace-up heels. Bodysuit's are still very much my favorite in my closet right now, as they're so easy, and sexy, and look wonderful with a body-con skirt or tight fitted skinny jeans. I purchased it in a few colors, as they are so versatile and can be styled in so many ways. This particular bodysuit from H&M was a mere $14.99, which is a huge help in budgeting your monthly shopping expenses in half, since it allows you to create a few new ensembles with just just this item!! A plexi cross-body (that I fell in love with from Etsy) and fierce gold accessories tie this outfit together, taking it from the level Simple, to Striking.




 OUTFIT DETAILS 
 Blazer: Rebecca Minkoff
Bodysuit: H&M
Leather Skirt: Vince
Heels: Aldo
Necklace, Bracelets, & Ring : H&M
Watch: Michael Kors
Sunglasses: Celine
PVC Perfume Clutch: Etsy

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.