The Black Velvet Slip Dress

Sunday, September 10, 2017

A slinky sexy slip that comes from an iconic dress lost in time, oh how I swoon. I remember when I was a little girl seeing all the 90's singers/actresses/models rocking them on the red carpet. Sexy, yet demure. Ladies basically got away with wearing lingerie as formal-wear without the raunchiness (or judgement of it lol). Fast forward to now, 2017, and the dress has made a comeback all over many runways. It's literally an easy wear and effortlessly chic. I am really enjoying seeing all the different styles many bloggers have come up with just this one item. Some wear a basic tee beneath it with casual sneakers, others rock jeans and ankle boots, and others layered turtlenecks and fur coats. A fashion bloggers dream piece for sure, as you all know how much I love an article of clothing that can be utilized many ways! I kept my dress pretty simple as I love the thick velvet material, which speaks for itself. I added some texture with my python clutch and heels, and my timeless diamond stud earrings.







Ralph Lauren | Sachin & Babi | Libertine | Prabal Gurung
OUTFIT DETAILS
Black Velvet Slip Dress Maxi Dress - Alice & Olivia
Ankle Strap Python Heels - Giuseppe Zanotti
Clutch: BCBG
Diamond Stud Earrings: Tiffany's

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.