Black, White, & Gold Themed Wedding Shower

Monday, August 07, 2017


I've always liked to think I'm the progressive one in my family.. not only because I am the first-born Persian American, but also, with how I’ve chosen to celebrate my future wedding! My wedding shower was co-ed, as opposed to an all female bridal shower for me alone. Being the social butterfly that I am, I’ll take any opportunity to bring those closest to me together, so this party was a great excuse to have all of our nearest and dearest celebrate with us and meet one another prior to our ceremony/reception in October. We had the best time with everyone, and everyone had the best time together as well. I couldn't have been more proud to be surrounded by so many loving people during this major part of our lives. I also non-traditionally put together my own shower from vision to creation (I'll have a post up real soon about the DIY tissue paper flowers I made for our photo backdrop, stay tuned!). Also, I found the dupe of the original dress I'd wanted to wear, but for a fraction of the cost: $45 vs a whopping $924! I've included all the links to my outfit below. 

Grateful to my Mom, Aunty Mitra, and Cousin Nikaya for all their help making my vision come to life, and all of our family and friends who "showered" us with their attendance!






















OUTFIT DETAILS
A Night In Tokyo White Lace Dress: Fashion Nova (dupe of the infamous $924 Gemeli Power "Motel Jay Dress" here)
White Strappy "Chaos" Sandal Heels: Manolo Blahnik
Gold Floral Choker Necklace: Forever 21

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Hello,

    Adore your black and white theme, all looked very wonderful. Congratulations to you and your fiance!

    Cheers,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! You are so beautiful! Anyways, I've been waiting forever for FN to restock on this dress! You wouldn't by any chance be willing to sell? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! You look so beautiful! I've been waiting forever for FN to restock on this dress! Would you by any chance be willing to sell? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lala, thank you for the compliment! Unfortunately, I already sold in on Poshmark last month :-( I’m always selling many outfits you see on my blog. Click “shop” on the top right of my website and you’ll be redirected there! Crossing my fingers FN restocks again soon!

    Xoxo
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super amazing wedding shower. These pictures are depicting all the fun moments that you guys had over there. I am so impressed with these photos. I also have to host such a fun party at some local Venues in San Francisco and all the planning is complete. Super excited now!

    ReplyDelete

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.