Summer Vacation Style

Saturday, May 13, 2017


I had the absolute best time in Panama with all my girls celebrating my "last fling before the ring"! Initially when planning out a location, I knew this would be my last BIG girl group trip once I'm married in October. Myself and my BFF and MOH, Leslie, decided I not only wanted it to be choc full of fun, but also a memorable experience with each and every one of my besties (8 total including myself!). I wanted all of us to experience a city/country we had all never traveled to, as opposed to the standard bach destinations of Vegas, Miami, etc. that we've all explored a million times. So the planning began! I only pretty much knew my flight and location information, other than that, I was in the dark about everything else, as Leslie took the lead on the itinerary and all the adventures/fun to come! Surprisingly, since meeting at the airport to the very end of one of the best trips of my life, there was absolutely no drama whatsoever between any of my amazing friends (whom are all proud owners of very big personalities!). If anything, those who had not previously been introduced, have now become friends, and that puts a huge :-) on my face. Good people attract good people, so a lil' pat on the back to myself for attracting such. We had an very knowledgeable tour guide, Edwin Moran (in case you're ever in the area trust me when I say he's the best tour guide around! He not only showed us hidden gems in Panama, but also protected us ladies like a personal bodyguard! Being young women traveling in a 3rd world country, he made sure we all felt safe! Thanks Edwin, you're the best!) We enjoyed the gorgeous resort, drank never-ending Margaritas and Pina Coladas all day, paraded around Sean and my bff Claudia's heads on a stick as they were there in spirit (C couldn't make it as she just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy - Congrats boo!), rode "Malik" our ginormous sexy black swan floatie in the pool (whom was almost SWAN-napped by a hotel guest - Not cool!), toured the Panama Canal (and because Edwin is so awesome we were given VIP treatment and walked across the locks like the captains of the ships do!), ate all the best seafood at Panama City's seafood market "Mercado de Mariscos", were shown VIP treatment by the wonderful owner at the ultra glam Zaza Lounge in Casco Viejo (think sparklers, our own private floor above the dancefloor, bottle service, and even a hookah!!), ate to our hearts content at lavish dinners at the resort, zip-lined a 12 rope course in the rain-forest jungle, and of course, celebrated my courtship to Sean with the most amazing girlfriends I could ever have asked for!  

As for my attire, I incorporated a lot of colorful dresses for this trip, with the exception of my "bride-2-be" white outfit, and laid back t-shirt/shorts combo. Due to limited space I packed pretty light for once (mainly so I could fit "Malik" into my carry-on LOL). As you can see below, I recycled the same leopard clutch, black wedges, and white strappy heels multiple times to re-create new outfits! My vacation outfit links are all listed below, as well as a photo collage of all the incredible experiences my girls and I shared in Panama together!














OUTFIT DETAILS

LOOK 1
Off The Shoulder Ruffle Dress: Charles Henry
Turquoise Necklace & Ring: Nordstrom Rack
Leopard Print Calf Hair Clutch (Claire V Dupe for a fraction of the price!): BP
Black Patent Espadrille Wedges: Christian Louboutin (Sold Out) Similar here and here

LOOK 2
Hot Pink Butterfly Sleeve Shift Dress: Chelsea28
Black Onyx and Gold Necklace and Ring: Nordstrom Rack
Black & Gold MK Logo "Vivian" Cat-eye Sunglasses: Michael Kors
Leopard Print Calf Hair Clutch: BP
Black Patent Espadrille Wedges: Christian Louboutin 

LOOK 3
Lime Bandeau Bodycon Midi Dress: Twin Sister
Multicolor Eagle Necklace: Shourouk (Sold Out), similar here
White Strappy Sandal Heels: Manolo Blahnik Chaos 
Leopard Print Calf Hair Clutch: BP

LOOK 4
White Lace Off The Shoulder Dress: Missguided
White Strappy Sandal Heels: Manolo Blahnik Chaos 
Plexi Perfume Clutch: Chanel

LOOK 5
Slaycation Tee (comfiest tee to travel in, or wear during a casual day in shorts or as a cover-up over your swimsuit!): Sub_Urban Riot
Camel Boyfriend Cardigan: Old Navy (Sold Out), similar affordable options hereherehere, & here
Limited Edition Vinyl Monogram Ambre Neo Cabas Cruise Bag: Louis Vuitton (Sold Out)
Distressed Boyfriend Shorts in Obisbo Rebel: Rag & Bone
Women's Angelifish Boat Shoes: Sperry
Gold Aviator Sunglasses: Ray Ban

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.