Navy Baby

Saturday, September 17, 2016


"I Need Somebody To Love Me Blue" -Blue By Zayn

And I'm loving me some effortless Navy blue (insert heart-eye emoji here lol)! We've def been seeing a lot of olive/khaki/army-colored inspired tones in the past seasons, but this season, designers are opting for a new military branch: Navy ;-) The blue shade has been a hit on the Fall/Winter 2016/2017 runways, and many designers have given preference of this gorgeous color to embrace their collections! Navy is a beautiful bold color which looks lovely on any skintone, and a nice break from the normal blacks and whites I usually opt for. You can virtually add so many color combos to this shade without it looking wrong, such as: Bright or solid red, gray, light blues, white/ivory, orange, hot pink, fuchsia, ggplant, magenta, periwinkle, pine green, army green, brown, yellow, coral, black...you get the pictire. I kept my outfit pretty monochrome and added another gorgeous hue, neutral blush, that goes great with Navy, in regards to my heels. Both my Navy trench and curve-hugging dress are from H&M - and on a side note, did I mention I have this dress in like every shade imaginable (here's another shoot in the gray version)??? Seriously the material of this dress is almost a thick skuba-like material that smooths and sucks everything into place, while showing off the goodies in a tasteful way! I wear them to work when there are "fancy meetings" taking place...a lady's gotta stunt at work too ya know ;-) I added my favorite blush Prada heels as the shade looks impeccable paired with Navy. And lastly, I kept my accessories minimal yet demure with none other than pearls! My bracelet is pretty unique as the three strand faux pearls connect to a colorful floral glass trinket, giving a lil extra umph to my mono attire. If you're feeling a lil blue like Zayn, and need somebody to love you, it's safe to say that Navy could be that love...cause it won't up and leave you in the middle of the night...unless you decide to take it off of course ;-)
   







Versace | John Galliano | Carven
Elie Saab | Tommy Hilfiger | Alexis Mabille
OUTFIT DETAILS
Dark Navy Blue Trenchcoat: H&M
Dress: H&M
Heels: Prada
Double Faux White Pearl Jacket Earrings: Kenneth Jay Lane c/o Intermix
3 Strand Faux Pearl Colorful Flower Bracelet: Forever 21, similar here


You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.