Rainy Day Maternity Outfit

Monday, April 08, 2019


April showers bring May flowers! Babygirl is going to be a May-baby/flower child, so I guess this rain is all worth it in the end lol. The great thing about being pregnant throughout the fall and winter months has been that I have been able to stay bundled up! SF doesn't clear up until about May/June anyway, so lucky for me I can prolong my cold-weather attire throughout some of the Spring. Below are the pieces that I countlessly use for a rainy day, which I like to call my “My Go-To Rainy Day Outfit.” Every time it’s raining I usually end up in some variation of this outfit, but there’s so many ways to switch it up that I’m never bored with the combo! These pieces are necessities when putting together a rainy day outfit:

Trench/Rain Coat - This is a must, but make sure it is a rain-proof trench coat! My beige one goes with almost everything, but you can always go for other neutral colors such as black, gray, taupe, or even red if you're feeling bold 😉

Basic Long Sleeve Shirt - Since I generally add a scarf or even a statement necklace, I find that keeping your shirt-game simple is the way to go. But if you're a pattern kinda person, then go ahead with your bad self lol, but keep all other accessories simple if so. Any basic color tee will do, and I usually purchase them from Target, Old Navy, Gap, or Forever 21.

Scarf -I have a scarf obsession, and it’s pretty bad lol. I love scarves and how they can change an entire outfit. Plus, they’re a cheap accessory that you won’t feel bad buying a few of 😉This Burberry scarf is one of my favorite buys as it's a classic and always in style. Also, there are so many neutral colors within the scarf that I can style it with many other complimentary ones! There are so many scarf options out there that you can really get creative with your outfit, and mix and match all kinds of color variations to your tee/trench/boots!

Rain Boots - This one is a no-brainer I’m sure. If you don’t have a pair of rain boots, you need to get some! I am obsessed with my Hunter boots! My version is a bit different as I didn't want to look like everyone else, and also I'm 5'2" so I like a bit of height where I can get it, so I lucked out and found their wedge version at Nordstrom Rack a couple years ago! Hunter is a blogger babes fav go-to rain-boot brand (and for good reason- they’re super cute and will last a lifetime. Trust me, just look them up on Pinterest and you'll see!), but they aren’t the only option. I’d say if you can make the investment in them then they are completely worth it, but if you can’t then there are plenty of other options out there for you! I've linked some other more affordable rain-boot brands below.

Jeans/Leggings - Right now I can only fit in maternity jeans, but skinny jeans or even leggings in general look best with this outfit combo. I've seen some ladies get really creative by wearing with a dress or even skirt, but that's totally your preference. I generally don't want any skin exposed to the rain, so the more bundled up the better in my book.

Umbrella - This one is also a no-brainer, however, you'd be so surprised how hard a good umbrella to come by can be. I have gone through so many, until I found this one. It is on the pricier side, however, it's tremendously sturdy (like it will not flip inside out if winds are crazy) and it's big enough to keep all of you, and maybe even a friend dry too! Although it only comes in black, it doesn't matter, cause black i s a neutral that goes with everything anyway lol.

We’ve gotten so much rain in Northern California this year that this outfit combo has been on repeat! The rainy weather may be dreary, but your outfit doesn’t need to be 😉



You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.