T-Shirt Dress

Saturday, July 29, 2017


"When You're Not Here (I Sleep In Your T-Shirt) 
I Wish You Were Here (To Take Off Your T-Shirt) 
After We Make Love (I Sleep In Your T-Shirt) 
Wake Up In Your T-Shirt, 
To smell The Scent Of Your Cologne" -T-Shirt by Destiny's Child

Long, Long ago, there were only t-shirts, and only dresses. Behold, as we now have fashionably evolved to create the hybrid baby, "The T-Shirt Dress"!!! Why this invention was never invented before completely baffles me. I've been wearing my man's T-Shirts for a few years now, as well as slumming it up at home as a 90's kid in over-sized city/state Tees purchased during various childhood travels (and they were always so hideous, you know which ones I'm talking about lol). Finally, the fashion world has made something that was not so cute, into very cute. And for that, THANK YOU fashion gods for blessing us with this exotic hybrid baby. We are living in a material world, and I am def a material girl, so I'm ecstatic that I can either choose to up-cycle those old skool over-sized Tees into something more fashionably acceptable, orrrr, even more ecstatic that if I decide to purchase a new trendy one in store that it will not be overkill on my wallet (btw selling at a very budget-friendly price of $13 at Forever 21 ladies). My wedding shower is just around the corner, and ain't nobody got the time to be overthinking outfits that need to be picked out, and worn with the quickness! So I LOVE that this one-piece-wonder is not only affordable and adorable, but also super comfy and less time-consuming. Not to mention that San Francisco decided to be non-bipolar today weather-wise, as it was hot hot hot, and in this T-Shirt dress, I stayed cool cool cool. I paired with some old Tory Burch gladiator sandals, my favy Balenciaga city bag, and added a bit of neck flare by layering my Forever 21 choker and Lanvin Eagle necklace together. Threw on my classic Ray Ban aviator's and put my hair into an easy-peazy messy top bun, so that I was ready to conquer the last minute shower purchases in time and in style.    







Kenzo | Louis Vuitton | Moschino
OUTFIT DETAILS
Khaki T-Shirt Dress: 3.1 Phillip Lim SOLD OUT, similar budget friendly versions here, here, here & here
Maria Felix Line Eagle Necklace in Metallic: Lanvin SOLD OUT, similar here
Black Velvet Choker Necklace: Forever 21
Hera Patent Gladiator Sandals: Tory Burch SOLD OUT, similar budget friendly versions here, here here
Black Suede City Bag: Balenciaga SOLD OUT, similar here
Gold Aviator Sunglasses: Ray-Ban

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.