Family Holiday Cards via Minted

Thursday, November 30, 2017


I have to say I am so proud of the way our 1st family holiday photos turned out, but also, the fact that we got them done early in November! I wanted to ensure that this tradition was done correct the first time, to set the precedent of what we will do as a family every holiday to come! Creating my own family, and providing my best self to them, has been a life-long dream of mine to accomplish. I was the first born Persian-American within my very big family, and growing up it was often difficult going through life experiences as both Persian & American alone. Unfortunately during my early teens, my family divorced, as did my husband's family when he was a young boy (you should've seen us trying to orchestrate our 4 different families family photo at our wedding!). Seeing such negativity between the families when I was little, and having no one there who could shed some positive light became a goal of mine since to create my very own loving family. I has always hoped I'd find a loving partner with my same ideals: A home full of love and comfort, and our ears and door always open, so that everyone feel's heard and safe. For years I practiced offering to listen and provide constructive positive advice when appropriate to my brother, sisters, and cousins. Since I remembered what it was like not having an older sibling or family member to confide in it was important to me that they have me as "their person". To this day, many of them still confide in me about any and everything going on in their lives, and I love it! I am happy I could be there for each of them individually, and make a positive difference in their lives. Maybe that's what one of my main purposes in life is: To be the different-minded adult I wished I had growing up....and hopefully one day be the same for my own children :-)

Enter my wonderful husband and my newly acquired son. Things don't always happen as you plan, I certainly can understand that, however, at any time in life there is always an opportunity to incorporate positivity into any situation. He expressed to me that he’d hoped he would find a love that would also have room to love his son. I guess we both got lucky, because I love my man to pieces, and our lil love bug just the same, if not more! This child is truly such a special person in my life, and we have such a wonderful bond. For the last couple years I did the same for him as I have my blood relatives: I was there for him. And the most rewarding thing all these years has not only been seeing this child grow to become such a bright individual, but that he reciprocates the same respect back to me on his own terms. It brings me tears of joy knowing that my techniques were again validated in making a positive difference in a child's life. Whether or not I brought him into this world didn't matter, all that DID matter, was that I have created a home where anyone stepping into it feels comfortable, protected, and loved. Those feelings symbolize exactly what the holidays are meant to be. I could not be more blessed finding my hubby, but also acquiring my "1st baby/mini-bff", and creating the loving family I always dreamed of.

Hope you all have a very warm and fuzzy holiday!! Links to our beautiful holiday card and outfit details are listed below:  

Location: Mount Sutro Forrest, San Francisco
Holiday Cards: Minted
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hubby's Outfit Details:
Buffalo Plaid Shirt: Goodfellow
Black Jeans: J Brand
Sneakers: Adidas

Love Bug's Outfit Details:
Buffalo Plaid Shirt: Old Navy
Black Jeans: Target
Sneakers: Converse

My Outfit Details:
Buffalo Plaid Pashmina: TJ Maxx, similar here & here
Black Sweater Dress: French Connection (Old), similar here & here
Belt: Michael Kors
Ankle Booties: Ivanka Trump
Earrings & Bangles: Kendra Scott



You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.