Blue Pinstripe One-Shoulder Ruffle Top

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Hope everyone had an amazing 4th of July!! Thought I'd keep my 'land of the free' vibes going for the rest of the week by incorporating red, white, and blue into my shoot. I wanted to share with you how I styled a dupe of one of my fav designer's Johanna Ortiz's ruffle one shoulder top, for fraction of the price! I'm obsessed with pinstripes and ruffles this season (as are soooo many of you out there), and it's little details like those that take an ordinary top to a uniquely elevated status. I'm talking about tops with a statement twist! A lil' off the shoulder action that incorporate ruffles-on-ruffles-on-ruffles - These tops have the power to transform your outfit into something extra special. You know what I'm talking about. I've seen many bloggers style these tops together with a simple pair of jean shorts, or white jean pants. I wanted to showcase how I style differently...so I cultivated something "uniquely elevated" as well as "extra special" into my outfit: color & prints! For my skirt I mixed and matched with this seasons hottest hue, bright red, and accessorized with a complimentary army green bag and leopard print pumps. Who would've thought this variation would mesh together seamlessly? Another bold accessory I incorporated were a pair of large artsy gold statement earrings, a trend that I'm really  loving right now as well. Whether worn solo or as a pair, the motto for Spring/Summer 2017 has been that your ear candy should match your brow game: The bigger and bolder, the better! LOL.











From left to right: Delpozo | Hellessy | Proenza Schouler | Altuzarra. Photos: Imaxtree
OUTFIT DETAILS
Blue Striped One Shoulder Ruffle Blouse: H&M, similar Here
Decollete 554 100mm Leopard Heels: Christian Louboutin
Red Ribbed Zipper Skirt: Alexander Wang
Olive Green Satchel w/ Removable Strap: H&M
Over-sized Gold Earrings: H&M

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.