Dried Herb

Friday, December 04, 2015


"Oh (oh) luxury
Chidi-ching-ching could buy anything, cop that
Oh (oh) collard greens
Three degrees low, make it hot for me, drop that" -Schoolboy Q Ft. Kendrick Lamar

Dried Herb, Collard Greens, Cash Money, and not necessarily in that order ;-)... No no, this is not an advertisement to purchase luxury medical marijuana in the South by cash lol! Whatever you feel like calling the amazing Olive Khaki Green color is all good by me, no side-eye here. This very "dried herb" olive colored hue I speak of was once used only for military and Safari style garments. That same khaki seen when camouflaged from foreign enemy's and hunting mallard through the lake-woods back in the old day, is a prominent staple on the runways of New York, Milan, Paris, and London today. It is a sophisticated and chic color that brings a cool undertone to any garment while still showing it off as a strong piece. It is earthy and grounded, perfectly organic, and reminds us something of another relaxing greenery that is appeasinng to the eye, and soul ;-) Let's just say it is a "dope" color in which Snoop would be proud to represent lol. This is the one hue that seems to receive the most amount of love throughout the fashion world’s creations for the fall and winter months of this year. Like Snoop, I too adore the color. Not only does it compliment my "olive" tone (ummmm, sidenote, my skin is not even close to olive or khaki green. I wonder which color-blind person came up with that skin color? Anywho, I digress.), but it can be styled with other various colors to create multiple outfits!! Red, Blush, Tan, Black, White, Beige, and the list goes on. For this shoot I decided to add my favorite signature color, black, while throwing in a smidge of leopard and gold. Most of my items are oldies but goodies, for instance: my absolute favvy and edgy Givenchy birdcage booties, A.L.C. leather jacket, and Christian Louboutin Kathena leopard clutch!! When styled correctly with timeless pieces you can work wonders recycling outfits in your closet, girl trust (insert finger snap in the air)! I found my chain link bracelet at Saks's outlet store Saks Off 5th, and it matched and tied in with the top portion of my clutch's chain theme...can we say come up, yasssss!!! My Norma Kamali skirt was a bit pricey, but well worth it in the fact that I adore a ruched midi skirt, especially when accentuating your curves while shielding problem areas from the masses ;-) And finally, last, but most definitely not least, my little olive crop top. So simple, yet so diverse. I can do sooooo much with this versatile top and color, but that will be for future posts to come...Please Standby. So what is the lesson learned today you ask? That the color of dried herb and moolah have so much more meaning in life and fashion, than they take credit for ;-)

 









OUTFIT DETAILS 
  Top: Wet Seal
Skirt: Norma Kamali
Leather Jacket: A.L.C.
Birdcage Booties: Givenchy
Bracelet: Saks Off 5th
Diamond Earrings: Tiffany's

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.