Denim X Denim

Wednesday, December 23, 2015


"Good Jeans, With Good Care,
A Lifetime Of Good Fade And Good Wear" -Frank Ocean

It's true, when you invest in a great pair of jeans they last and give the appearance of new ones no matter how many washes! I've recycled my Citizen Jeans and Buffalo Shirt over and over for years now, and they still look like I just purchased them, woop woop, come up! I am downright obsessed with over-sized denim - or as others like to call it, chambray - shirts! There's nothing more comfortable this winter, while still wanting to look effortlessly chic, than denim on denim. The look can be worn with dark and light denim, matched with light denim monochrome or dark monochrome too. The overall look can be super comfy casual, or with the right accessories can also be elevated to a dressier look as well. Outfits that can be taken from day to night, casual to dressy are my best friends. Since my move is just around the corner, I've been downsizing and organizing what my future closet will end up looking like. It's been a long time coming, and I'm excited to purge out the old, and keep the pieces that are timeless and simple, which can be recycled numerous times to look brand spankin' with every wear ;-) I mixed and matched both blush and camel touches to this denim monochrome look with my duster coat and heels, and kept my accessories minimal as well; Wearing my favorite zodiac bar necklace by Rebecca Minkoff and my adorable Chanel plexi perfume clutch.  Though many celebrities have been seen in this chic denim combo, you don't have to spend like one to re-create the same look. I'm happy to say that like a pair of good jeans with good care, this easy peezy glam trend isn't going anywhere anytime soon ;-) 









 

Jennifer Lopez | Beyonce | Zendaya
OUTFIT DETAILS 
Denim/Chambray Shirt: Buffalo Jeans
Blush Duster Jacket: eBay
Plexi Perfume Clutch: Chanel
Zodiac Bar Necklace: Rebecca Minkoff 
Diamond Stud Earrings: Tiffany's

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.