H&M Shoot 6: Mad for Plaid

Monday, July 20, 2015


"All my friends know the low rider
The low rider is a little higher
Low rider drives a little slower
Low rider is a real goer"

The Rise of Rock & Roll Grunge - Meets - Chola-Chic - Meets - "Ain't Notin But a G Thang" inspired fashion has emerged on the catwalk (see Rodarte & Givenchy's Spring/Summer Runway looks below), as well as in many high-profile celeb's closets (see Beyonce looking mighty "Flawless" below), who are not necessarily Latina nor gangsta, however, praise the glorified 90's style! I had to hop on that "lowrider" bandwagon real quick ;-) I'm absolutely love.love.loving these faux leather high waisted shorts from H&M! Not only can you dress them up, or keep them casual the way I decided to in this particular shoot, but they're also an amazingly affordable $24.99. Now you know me, I'm a Persian gal, and us Persian ladies LOVE to look expensive ;-) ...and to do so on a budget is that much sweeter! Also, I just can't help but imagine that I have made Jenny from the Block so proud, as I decided to bust out my old school Manolo Tims (which have made a huge comeback btw!), to tie my entire gangsta-90's-street-chic look! Hey now..."Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got" ;-)


Rihanna
Queen Bey
lowriders
Selena Gomez
Rodarte Spring/Summer Runway 2014

Rodarte Spring/Summer Runway 2014
http://nextfashionblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Givenchy_fall_winter_2015_2016_collection_Paris_Fashion_Week3-e1426039305803.jpg
Givenchy - Paris Fashion Week S/S 2015
Jenny from the Block | Manolo Blahnik Timberlands


OUTFIT DETAILS 
 Pleather Shorts & Beanie: H&M
Plaid Shirt:The Shirt By: Joe's
Black Leather Purse: Balenciaga 
Sunglasses: Celine
Gold Watch: Michael Kors
Earrings & Necklaces: Mango
Leather & Gold Ring: House of Harlow
Photography by Jay Adams

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.