SFFW14 Day 4: Vintage Vibes

Thursday, September 25, 2014


For Day 4 of San Francisco Fashion Week (which fell on a Thursday) I really wanted to pay homage to a Vintage "Throwback Thursday" in the fashion realm. I'm a huge Balmain fan (I mean who isn't?!), so when I found this gorgeous beaded bodycon dress in my mothers closet from the 80's, it looked and represented what Balmain, Emilio Pucci, and even D&G were showcasing on the Fall runway during Paris & Milan's fashion week - It would only be super appropriate to demonstrate my love of the old with the new ;-) I didn't want to take too much away (or add too much to the already gaudy) dress, so I added a very Versace-ish lion-head ring, simple gold Jimmy Choo clutch, and classic 80's white pointy pumps to finish off my fierce ensemble!




Naeem Khan - Runway - Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2014
Naeem Khan Spring 2014 Runway
two trends in one: pearls & grunge
Balmain Fall 2014 Runway
Emilio Pucci
Emilio Pucci Fall 2014 Runway

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch, 2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mona Kiani and The Urban Monarch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.